Over the last few years, I've been blogging about the works of my colleague and friend Adrian Matejka. Beyond writing poetry, Adrian has been a tremendous resource for me on the many scenes of poetry. He's read everyone. No really. If you have a volume of poetry or poems in multiple publications, Adrian has read your work. Three times.
He is the author of The Devil's Garden (2003) and Mixology (2009). His next book, The Big Smoke, will focus on boxer Jack Johnson.
• April 22: Adrian Matejka's, Ralph Ellison's, and Quentin Tarantino's Battle Royals
• April 21: Adrian Matejka reading from his Jack Johnson book in St. Louis
• March 14: 30 volumes of poetry leading to The Big Smoke
• March 9: ARCs: Works by Kevin Young, Tyehimba Jess & Adrian Matejka
• December 28: When a poet studies game film: Adrian Matejka and Jack Johnson
• August 17: Bad Men as Muses for Black Poets
• December 7: Notes on Adrian Matejka's "Fisticuffs"
• December 6: Adrian Matejka's Jack Johnson Poems
• December 5: A Long Walk with Adrian Matejka & Jack Johnson
• November 19: Some of Adrian Matejka's Jack Johnson poems (online)
• October 27: Adrian Matejka & Amiri Baraka
• March 10: The Signed Mixology and For Show Mixology
• January 29: The Contemporary Poet as Historical Researcher
• November 21: "You're worthy of poems."
• November 21: Adrian Matejka: Writing Jack Johnson
• November 18: Jack Johnson: The Man They All Dodge
• February 11: A Crown for King #7
• February 11: A Crown for King #1
• February 11: A Crown for King
• January 10: Mixology Nominated for NAACP Award
• June 4: Adrian Matejka's Mixology